北大双语妈妈小雅和英美外教
9年专注亲子英文
"I don't understand how you manage to love a mob of birds that has just tried to kill you."
“我不明白,你怎么能做到爱一群想要杀死你的恶鸟?”
"Oh, Fletch, you don't love that!
“哦,福来奇,当然不是那样。
You don't love hatred and evil, of course.
你当然不会去爱仇恨或是邪恶。
You have to practice and see the real gull, the good in every one of them, and to help them see it in themselves.
你必须学着去了解真正的海鸥,看到他们各自良善的本性,并且帮助他们发掘自身的优点。
That's what I mean by love.
这才是我所说的爱。
It's fun, when you get the knack of it."
当你领悟个中窍门,自然就会乐在其中。”
Most gulls don't bother to learn more than the simplest facts of flights - how to get from shore to food and back again.
大多数海鸥不愿自找麻烦去学更多的飞翔技巧,只满足于简单地飞到岸边觅取食物。
For most gulls, it is not flying that matters, but eating.
他们在乎的只是吃。
For this gull, though, it was not eating that mattered, but flight.
然而,对于海鸥乔纳森来说,飞翔远比吃更重要。
More than anything else, Jonathan Livingston Seagull loved to fly.
除了单调地在渔船间蹒跚来去,生活有更充分的理由。
- Richard Bach, Jonathan Livingston Seagull
理查德·巴赫,《海鸥乔纳森》